So, it’s day two of the A to Z Challenge and, coincidentally, today is apparently my one year blog anniversary. Yes, I would have eaten a slice of blueberry cheesecake tonight anyway. But tonight I’ll have it in celebration!
Year One of The Rambling Jour was pretty epic. Over the course of this year, we’ve seen:
- Hot Doctor
- Running amok at Antietam not once, but twice
- My 30th birthday and a countdown of all history related shenanigans I’ve pulled
- Top Five Brutally Hot Men of the Civil War
- Successful baking!
- Epically bad baking and disastrous consequences of following recipes from the 1860s as they’re written
- Scandalous destruction of my laptop and the awesome new laptop that followed
- Hilarious misspellings and inappropriate typos corrected…and sometimes missed
- The Olympics and my obsession with an event a person can medal in
- The naming of my novel
- The completion of my novel
- Registering for the writer’s conference and the ongoing battle of editing aforementioned novel
- Apparently lots of posts related to food, writing, and artillery, since those are the top key words I’ve used to tag my posts.
I have to admit though, if I was to be described in three words, food, writing, and artillery would actually be pretty on point.
And, just a brief moment to pat myself on the back, but this is the first time I’ve held onto blogging for more than a couple of months. 2012/2013 is apparently a good year for writing, since I’ve not only gotten so far with my novel, but I’ve remembered to blog throughout the entire journey.
Okay, enough monologue-ing. Time to dive into Year Two of The Rambling Jour and indulge in some decadent blueberry cheesecake. Happy blog anniversary, blog! You’re pretty awesome.